Along with the information society and knowledge economy, creativity is no longer a luxury, but it is a prerequisite of building this society. Our Arab world is in dire need of creativity, as well as its use and investment in the development, in order to address the daunting challenges it faces. Therefore, and because the encouragement of creativity is an essential task for the Arab Thought Foundation, we decided to establish the Arab Creativity Award.
Objectives of the Award
• To promote the culture of creativity in the Arab society and to highlight its role in the development.
• To encourage innovators and publicize their achievements.
Fields of the Award
• Arab and international, governmental and civil, institutions and organizations.
• Advisory Committee in the Arab Thought Foundation.
• Scientific, academic and cultural institutions.
• The candidate must be of Arabic citizenship.
• It is preferred that the candidate’s work has not won any previous award from any other authority.
• The candidate must be an individual, or a group, or an institution.
• It is preferable the creative work that can be employed in the service of development.
• It is preferable the creative work provided by young people.
The value of financial reward for the award
The financial reward for each award is determined for 50.000 U.S. Dollars and the winner receives the Certificate and the Order of the Award.
The Advisory Committee shall be charged of each of the following tasks:
• Establish the Memorandum of Association of the Award.
• Establish the candidate criteria for the Award and the nomination requirements for the winners.
• Participate in organizing the Award ceremony.
• Select the Jury.
• Select the winner of each Award from among the three candidates chosen by the Jury.
• Participate in the Awards distribution ceremony.
Management Committee of the Award
The Committee's missions shall include the following:
• To supervise the procedures of the Declaration on the Awards.
• To oversee the receiving nominations.
• To suggest the Jury.
• To prepare a budget for the Awards each year.
• To supervise the organization of the Awards distribution ceremony.
• To adopt the nomination forms, the text messages related to the acceptation or the rejection of the nomination, the media text in order to inform or not about the winning of the prize.
• To supervise the design of the symbol (logo) related to the prize.
The functions of the Jury shall include the following:
• To study the files of the nomination.
• To select or not three candidates at most for each Award of the prizes.
• To adopt the mentioned selection rules; the general and special conditions for each award.
• To choose the innovations that can be edited in a yearly booklet, about the award-winning nominations, in order to take advantage of them from the scientific and economic authorities.
• The Committee shall address the received information in confidence.
• The Juries are periodically reconstituted.
Copyright 2013 Arab Thought Foundation | Powered By Ethos