"Arabi 21" is an integrated initiative to develop the learning and teaching of Arabic language, in line with its following themes: Research, Trends / reading and literacy, professional development for teachers, curriculum, education, calendar, educational materials, support and sustain. One of the main activities of the project is to launch a huge open website, providing educational materials, research, articles and video clips of the best practices for teaching the Arabic language from the kindergarten stage.
The project aims primarily to contribute to the development of learning the Arabic language, in order to meet the needs of individuals and Arab society in the twenty-first century, in response to the challenges faced by the Arabic language, and the concomitant indications to the weakness of Arab students in the Arabic language, and the unwillingness of the new generations to lean it.
The formation of an Arabic person, able to think in Arabic language, and communicate with it to learn, work, live and maintain the identity.
One of the first outputs of the project is the launch of the "Festival of the Arabic language", which its message was identified by changing attitudes towards the Arabic language and supporting it as a vital and modern language, meeting the needs of youth and individuals in the twenty-first century.
The main results expected during the next four years are as follows:
1. To diagnose the reality of learning Arabic language in the Arab world and identify the needs.
2. To create a database of studies, researches and past experiences related to learning the Arabic language.
3. To suggest and adopt appropriate standards relating to the following:
• Arabic language curriculum.
• Measure to learn Arabic language.
• Measurement tools and standard evaluation of the Arabic language.
4. To publish and distribute a booklet addresses of the valued educational books.
5. To prepare for the establishment of a large website, including publications and video presentations related to the best educational practices.
6. To organize annual televised campaigns in order to promote reading.
7. To organize the best children and youth books.
8. To establish boards to read the Arabic language in the Arab world.
9. To work on the design of a test based on global standards in order to test the capabilities of Arab students in the Arabic language.
The results expected during the next ten years are as follows:
10. To conduct procedural researches, special to learn the Arabic language and encourage the same.
11. To update methods of teaching Arabic language and organize professional development programs for those involved in its education.
12. To review the curricula for teaching Arabic language in order to propose the ways as follows:
• To link the learning of the Arabic language with the reality of living of the students.
• To develop the literary taste in the educational methodology of the Arabic language.
• To built a learner who thinks in Arabic language and uses it as a tool to express the scientific and literary expression.
13. To establish a large website to be a reference for teachers of Arabic language, wherever they are.
14. To follow-up televised literacy campaigns.
15. To continue to provide prizes for the best children and youth books in the Arab world.
16. To photograph the best educational practices in the ranks of the Arabic language in the Arab world.
For more information please visit Arabi21 website on the following link: arabi21.arabthought.org
Research and Studies Center
Copyright 2009 Arab Thought Foundation | Powered By Ethos