“TAMAM” is a large educational project based on educational development programs, in order to support the Arabic schools, through the development of a model for a professional network among Arabic schools, and to work to be devoted to the development of education in the largest possible number of Arab countries.
This project works to promote the idea of "supporting the Summit in order to change the mind from its base", in line with its three goals:
• To develop a theory for educational reform in the Arab region, taking off from the base and based on the school situation;
• To train the personnel in the field of education in order to develop plans for activities related to reform and their implementation through the use of training materials produced by the project;
• To promote the culture of decision making according to the research findings.
The vision of the project is to support the Arabic schools through programs of educational development, and to develop a model for a professional network among Arabic schools and work to be devoted to the development of education in additional Arab countries, in order to find new task forces made up of schools, universities and representatives from the Ministries of Education to change the work culture in schools and the awareness of educational practitioners.
The project was implemented in three Arab countries, which are Lebanon, Jordan and Saudi Arabia. Its most important results are as follows:
• To build a network of 12 Arabic schools and 4 universities and a number of experts in the field of educational research activities.
• To build a framework for the forty-five university teachers and directors in order to develop their abilities on procedural research.
• To release and publish three research studies on the quality and the educational development, and nine research studies on the update of the school in private schools.
• To prepare three studies like public schools.
• To develop a model to a professional network among Arabic schools.
The project "Forum for Educational Development 2010 in collaboration with TAMAM project" will constitute a specialist meeting to view the achievements of the project "TAMAM" and its outputs.
It is the second phase of "TAMAM" project, to be launched in 2011 in collaboration with the American University of Beirut.
Copyright 2013 Arab Thought Foundation | Powered By Ethos